What are early termination charges?
When you agree to sign up to Sky TV, HD, Sky+, Sky Multiscreen, Broadband, Talk, and/or Line Rental, a minimum contract period applies (also known as a minimum term). For most Sky products, the minimum contract period is 12 months unless otherwise stated. A minimum contract period can also apply if you take up certain offers from Sky, in which case you will be informed of the minimum contract period before accepting the offer.
If you stop receiving a service within this time period, you may have to pay an early termination charge. We'll contact you to let you know if these charges are due and how much they are.
When do I have to pay early termination charges?
Early termination charges only apply if your subscription ends within the minimum term for reasons other than those permitted under your contract (please refer to your contract for more details). If you end your service after the minimum term has elapsed, no early termination charge will be payable.
What will I be charged?
The amount you're charged depends on:
- how much of your minimum term is left to run;
- the period you have already been billed for ; and
- the products that you subscribe to.
Please note, we calculate your early termination charge based on the number of days remaining of the minimum term once your subscriptions end. We also take into account the period you have already been billed for. This means the amount you’re charged may not be an exact multiple of the monthly charges listed in the table.
For example, if you are a Sky Broadband Unlimited customer paying £10 per month, on a 12 month minimum term that commences on the 1 August 2015 and you decide to end your subscription on 15 April 2016, you would be required to pay £41.50. Here’s how we arrived at this figure:
- Broadband Unlimited - £6.91 x 3 (for May, June and July) + ((£6.91/ 30) x 15) (for 16-30 April) = £24.18 (£24.25 rounded up to nearest 25p
- Line Rental - £4.92 x 3 (for May, June and July) + ((£4.92 / 30) x 15) (for 16-30 April) = £17.22 (£17.25 rounded up to nearest 25p)
The table below shows how much you’re charged for each month remaining based on the products that you take from us.
* For Broadband and Talk products the final Early Termination Value is rounded up to the nearest 25p.
The early termination charge will not be more than the charges you would have paid for your products for the remainder of the minimum term less any costs we save, including the cost of no longer providing you with the relevant products.