Create a Sky iD
The first Sky iD you create and link to your Sky account gives you full access to it. It makes sense for this to be the bill payer. Other Sky iDs can then be created on your account so more people can make the most of Sky.
There are two ways to create a Sky iD, either through sky.com or by using the email link from your order confirmation email.
You can sign up for a Sky iD from many of Sky’s online services and Apps. These instructions are for signing up for a Sky iD from sky.com.
- Go to sky.com and select Sign In from the top menu bar.
- Enter your personal details:
Email address: This must be a valid email address.
Choose a Username: Your username must be unique. If another customer has already selected your username we’ll provide you with a list of alternatives to choose from.
Choose a password: This should be at least eight characters and use a mixture of letters and numbers. Don't start with a number, include your username or use the word ‘password’.
- Enter the captcha word displayed. If you can't read the word, click the 'try another one' link to get a different one or select the audio button to hear the word read aloud.
- Read and accept the Terms and Conditions.
- Select Create Sky iD.
- On the next page, select your Sky Customer Status:
Choose 'Sky TV, Broadband or Talk' if you subscribe to any of these services with Sky.
Choose 'No Sky TV, Broadband or Talk' if you are not a Sky subscriber.
- Enter the account holder’s last name. This should be the person who pays the bill.
- Choose your country.
- Enter your:
Postcode if you live in the United Kingdom. This should be the billing address postcode.
Telephone Number if you live in the Republic of Ireland.
- Now you’ll need to enter one of the following:
Your 12 digit Sky account number. You can find this on the Welcome Letter we sent to you or your most recent bill, or
Your 9 digit Viewing Card number. You can find this on your Viewing Card, or
The last 6 digits of the bank account number used to pay for Sky.
- Select Confirm. You’ll see a Confirmation screen and we’ll also send you an email with your Sky iD username.