If you’re having difficulty with your Sky remote control, the following checklist can help you identify the problem.
Check the basics
- Batteries: Do your batteries need replacing? If the light on your Sky remote no longer flashes when you press a button, insert a new set of batteries to see if this resolves your issue.
- Select correct mode: Depending on whether you’re trying to control your Sky+ box or your TV, make sure your remote is set to the correct mode. To control your Sky+ box, press sky before pressing any other buttons; to control your TV, press tv.
- Check your sensor: Make sure there’s nothing blocking the line of sight between your Sky+ box and your remote.
- Make sure your TV is tuned to Sky: It may sound obvious, but if you're trying to control your Sky+ box with your remote and it's not responding, check that your TV is set to the right output for your Sky TV.
Reset your Sky remote
If your Sky remote’s still not working, try resetting it by following these steps:
- Remove the batteries, then press and hold down select for 30 seconds.
- Re-insert the batteries and replace the battery cover.
- Press sky on your Sky remote. The remote control will flash twice.
- Press tv guide to bring up your Sky Guide.
Problems programming your remote to control your TV
If you’re trying to program your Sky remote to control your TV but the model of your TV isn’t listed in the online look up tool, enter the make of your TV into the relevant field and leave the model field blank, then select Get my code. This will bring up a list of generic codes for your TV manufacturer which may work with your TV.
If the make of your TV isn’t recognised by the look up tool, check that you’re spelling it correctly when entering it. If you’re sure that it’s spelled correctly and it’s still not being recognised, then unfortunately your TV set can’t yet be controlled by your Sky remote. We update our database all the time, so please check again at a later date.
Still having problems?
If you're still having issues with your Sky remote, you can order a new one from Sky remotes and accessories.