Problems with your recordings and Planner
If you’re having problems when trying to record a programme or play back your recordings from your Planner, try following the instructions below.
Clear your deleted items
Clearing your deleted items tab and resetting your Sky+ box can often resolve temporary recording and Planner issues.
- Press tv guide on your Sky remote control.
- Press the green button to access your Planner.
- Use the right arrow button to scroll to the Deleted tab, then press select.
- Highlight each recording and press the yellow button to permanently delete them from your box.
To reset your box, turn off your Sky+ box and then unplug it from the wall socket. Leave the box unplugged for at least 60 seconds, and then reconnect the power and switch the box back on.
Try recording a programme or playing back a recording from your Planner again. If you’re still having difficulty your Planner may be corrupted, which you can fix by rebuilding your Planner using the steps below.
Rebuild your Planner
If restarting your Sky+ box hasn't resolved the problem, follow these steps to rebuild the Planner. Alternatively, you can also find instructions on how to do this in our Planner Rebuild YouTube video.
Please note: Rebuilding your Planner will not delete any of your previous recordings. However, it will interrupt any recordings currently in progress, so it's best to proceed when you’re not recording a programme.
- Press services on your Sky remote.
- Press the right arrow button. The Settings section will appear, with the Picture menu selected.
- Press 0, then 1, followed by select.
You'll now see a new set of screens that are normally hidden from view, with the Setup screen selected.
- Press the left/right arrow buttons to highlight Sky+ Rebuild.
- Press select. You'll now see this message: "This will take a few minutes to complete. The rebuild will stop all recordings and reboot your Sky+HD".
- Press select. The onscreen message "Housekeeping please wait" will appear and then disappear within two minutes.
- The Planner rebuild will now go ahead, and may take up to two further minutes. Once complete, your Sky+ box will automatically switch itself off and then back on. You will then see the red standby light on your Sky+ box (newer boxes have an amber standby light).
- Wait for at least two minutes after the red standby light has appeared.
- Press sky on your remote control.
Your Sky+ box should now start up as normal, with the light changing to green. Once your Sky+ box has started, try to use the Planner to record and view programmes as usual.
If the Planner still doesn't allow you to record, view or delete programmes, you may need to perform a full system reset.
Missed a programme?
Don’t forget, you can check the Sky TV Guide for alternative airings of any programmes you’ve missed, or if your Sky+ box is connected to your broadband network, you can also check to see if the programme is available to download in Catch Up TV.