How to use your Sky remote control
Remote control top tips
- Return to live TV: From almost any of the menu screens (TV Guide, Planner, etc.), simply press the sky button.
- Return to a viewed recording: After watching a recording in the Planner and switching back to live TV, return to the point you left the recording by pressing the play button three times.
- View and restore deleted recordings: Go to the Planner. From the middle ribbon, use the left arrow button to go to the Deleted section. Press the down arrow button to select a recording, and then press the green button to restore the recording to the All section of the Planner.
- Create bookmarks in recordings: While watching a recording, press the pause button, and then the red button to bookmark that point in the recording. While playback is paused, press the green button to display all bookmarks in the recording. These can then be selected for viewing, or deleted using the yellow button. During playback, quickly jump between bookmarks by pressing and holding the rewind or fast forward buttons.
What TV functions can I access through my Sky remote?
Once your Sky remote has been set up to operate your TV, you should be able to:
- Change the volume: Press the vol +/- buttons.
- Turn the TV on and off (standby): Press the tv button and then the power button to turn the TV on or off (standby). After turning on the TV, press the sky button to regain control of the usual Sky functions.
- Switch input mode: Press the tv button and then repeatedly press the help button to cycle through available inputs on your TV, e.g. to switch to using a games console or DVD player. Keep pressing the help button to return to the input that displays Sky TV (usually "HDMI 1"), and then press the sky button to regain control of the usual Sky functions.
Not all TVs will support all of these functions through the Sky remote. If you get stuck, use your TV's own remote control to select the input where you watch Sky (usually "HDMI 1"), and then press the sky button on your Sky remote to regain control of the usual Sky functions.
The Sky remote does not support more advanced TV functions such as:
- Picture within Picture
- Dolby surround sound
- Nicam Stereo settings
- TV tuning menus
These functions need to be controlled with your TV remote.
What if I can't access any of my TV's functions using my Sky remote?
If your Sky remote won't even allow you to change the volume of your TV, you'll need to get your remote control code and use it to program your Sky remote. If you're not sure how to do this, see Get the code to control your TV with a Sky remote.